Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whew! We survived the holidays!!!

Spencer is now 8 weeks old and growing like a weed. He's already outgrown many of his cute little outfits. I can't believe that he's almost 2 months already!!! I feel like it was just yesterday that we brought him home from the hospital. I look at him & still cannot believe that he is ours. He's such an amazing little boy. Over the past couple weeks he has really started to become very alert, always looking around & so interested in everything he sees. He also has been smiling like crazy & almost seems like he's trying to laugh. His little hands are opening a lot more & he's starting to grasp onto things like our fingers & Bo's chest hair. For some reason he really likes to punch himself in the face. While it's a bit upsetting when he cries, it is pretty funny to just watch him whack himself out of the blue, & to hear the loud crack when he makes contact. He's also starting to figure out the difference between night & day. We're getting into a routine where we feed him & get to go to bed around midnight & he lets me sleep until around 4am. I feed him & get back to sleep around 5am until about 8 or 9am. Spencer is such a happy little man for the most part. Bo & I get a kick out of everything he does, even if it's just laying there staring up at us. Being a mom has totally changed my life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I LOVE IT!!! :-)




Spencer & Daddy Tiny Tootsies



Spencer's 1st Smile

Bathtime -- Not so sure about this!

Phew! I survived bathtime!!!
So, the holidays went well. We had my entire family out to Colorado for Christmas. This included 10 adults & 2 babies crammed into out 3 bedroom house. To make things a little less crowed we set up our 2nd home (our toy hauler camper) in the back yard & had 2 couples stay out there, so everyone had their own room/bed. I didn't really hear any complaining, so I guess the accommodations were adequate. Spencer enjoyed meeting all of his aunts & uncles, & also his cousin Zack. It was really cute watching them together. Zack even gave him a kiss on the forhead, which he promptly followed up with a whack in the face. Spencer took it well though, & only cried for a moment.

We were fortunate enough to stay a couple nights at Snowmass in a house belonging to some friends. It's a beautiful, huge house right on the slopes at the edge of one of the main trails. So we did "Christmas" on Christmas Eve & then after a brief stop at Bo's parents house, we made our way up to Snowmass for a couple days of skiing & partying. It's funny, my idea of partying has COMPLETELY changed over the past year. But, of course, I still had fun. I was just so excited to have my whole family out finally. I've now lived in Colorado for 4 years, & in our house for 2 1/2. Throughout this time I have never really felt at home. Now, after giving birth & having my family out, it finally is beginning to feel like "home" around here.....I still miss my real home though.

New Year's Eve was also interesting....or, uh, boring as hell! Again, having a baby totally changes things as evidenced by my 1st sober New Year's in many many years. Bo & I stayed home, played with the boy for a while, & just barely were able to stay awake until midnight. We did have a nice bottle of champagne from Bo's parents that we opened. It was very tasty!

So, my feeling of missing home was made worse throughout football season when the Gators went all the way & won the National Championship. While I was fortunate enough to make it to the Miami game (while I was 7 months preggo), I really felt sad the rest of the season, watching from a distance while my family & friends cheered from the stands. Oh well. Side note -- this was my first totally sober football season in 12 years! After the Nat'l Championship Bo & I were reflecting on the last time the Gators won it. We were in Phoenix for the game & partied hard, barely remembering the post-game celebration. This year our post-game celebration consisted of us closing down our restaurant, calling a few friends, & putting the baby to bed....and yes, we (or at least I) did this totally sober. WOW!!! How times have changed!




GO GATORS!!! Beat the Sooners!!!

Mommy & Me


My Gator Family Go Tebow! TOUCHDOWN!!!


Whew! That game was exhausting!

Well, that's about all for now.

1 comment:

Delia Edson said...

Great job! Your baby is beautiful! It sounds like you guys had a lot of sober fun! It only gets better! This year we caught the 2009 ball drop only because we were awakened by our drunk family members calling to wish us a Happy New Year! Parenthood is awesome though, ain't it? We are so happy for you guys! I love Mommy and Me during the Gator game, that photo deserves a frame! HUGS!