Bo got his bull elk for the 2008 archery season! Hooray!!! GO BO! :-) Well, he was so excited, & I was going to take a light hike up to where he was with it until he called me & our friend Paul on the radio & informed me that I was not, under any circumstances, to come up there. I guess he was a little farther up the mountain than he had originally told us & didn't want to chance me having the baby on the mountain. His dad & I figured, what's the difference? He was already covered in blood & guts, why not deliver a baby while he's at it?! :-) Okay, just kidding.
Anyway, after several trips up & down, the guys finally got the elk packed down. It was the largest elk he's ever gotten -- a 6 by 6, scoring at 319 (not really sure what that means, but I guess it's good -- it will qualify for the "Pope & Young Archery Record Books").
Notice the nice large arrow hole through his shoulder. Bo was pretty proud of that one! :-)

2 comments:
hmmmmmm......my only comment is "ewwwwwwy"
HAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry, I guess these pics are a bit graphic, but Bo was so excited about his latest prize. :-)
Post a Comment