Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh Baby....

Last night around 7:30 I began feeling what I assume were contractions. They were pretty painful, & were pretty close together. Around 11:30 I began experiencing the most painful ones, which were 2 or 3 sets of a min. or so, about 5 min. apart. Bo & I really believed that we would be going to the hospital last night, but we wanted to wait & see if they continued. I got up & walked around our bedroom for a while & they seemed to stop. Throughout the night I woke up about every hour to more pains, but nothing like what I had felt just before midnight. This morning I had another doctor's appt. & when I told her what I had experienced last night she said that it was nature's way of getting me ready for Spencer's arrival, & that I can expect more of these "fake" contractions over the next couple weeks.....or until he decides he is ready to come out. So, if what I was feeling last night were "fake" contractions, I'm really nervous about experiencing the "real" ones. My doc checked me out, & between my swollen ankles/legs, the contractions, & my cervix being dilated about 1-2 cm now, I guess it's not going to be too much longer. I asked her again if she couldn't just help me out a bit & reach up there & pull him out, but again she refused. :-/ Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer.

2 comments:

Jess said...

only 2 more weeks to go!!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Spencer?! Are you here?! Today is the day!